How to Store Jewelry
- Leave jewelry on the windowsill or dressing table. This is not the best place for natural stone products. Direct sunlight and dry air can change the color of the stone or even discolor it.
- Put the box in the bathroom. This is convenient, but high humidity will spoil the look of the jewelry alloy from which the jewelry is made, dark spots will appear on it. Natural stones also react poorly to changes in humidity.
- Put together jewelry, semi-precious stones and costume jewelry. This neighborhood is bad for everyone: diamond inserts leave tiny damage on other products. The sharp edges of jewelry frames scratch soft gold, plus it tarnishes when it comes into contact with other metals.
- Put jewelry on a marble countertop or on a beautiful glass dish, as in the photo of a fashion blogger. This option is only suitable for creating illustrations, but not for permanent storage. The surface of stone, glass, porcelain is too hard for delicate jewelry.
If everything has fallen into one lump, carefully disassemble and unravel the jewelry, lay them out on a soft cloth. If items made of precious metals have lost their appearance, you can turn to a jewelry workshop for help – they will clean them, polish them, and make a new frame or you can read our article on how to clean jewelry.
Most importantly, look carefully at the number of jewelry items, sort them and find the right place and conditions for each one of them.
How to Store Jewelry, Natural Stones and Bijouterie
For proper storage of jewelry, flocked cases are needed, which can be purchased at any jewelry store. Stands, fabric bags or special jewelry boxes are also suitable.
Inside they have several large and small compartments trimmed with velvet, rollers for rings and earrings. The box should be stored in a chest of drawers or on a shelf away from direct sunlight.
If you take jewelry on a trip, transport them in special compact travel cases – they will be safe there.
Proceed as follows with jewelry and jewelry alloys: it is more convenient to store light items suspended, for example, on a jewelry tree, a stand with hooks, or a special holder on the wall.
Heavy jewelry is best laid out horizontally in the compartments in the box. The most important rule: the contact of jewelry with each other should be minimal.
How to Store Beads, Necklaces, Chains, Bracelets
- Items made of gold, platinum, as well as pearls are laid out in separate cases with a soft inner surface.
- Wooden boxes are not suitable for silver, as the wood retains moisture, which can cause dark spots on silver. The best solution would be a plastic case with a velvety surface or a soft bag.
- Massive beads and pendants made of natural semi-precious stones are best stored in a horizontal position so that the base does not stretch. Boxes with large cells are suitable for them.
- We string bracelets on a wide roller made of soft material or store them in a special box for watches and bracelets.
- Jewelry made of beads and glass beads requires careful handling. It is better not to hang it, but to arrange it in velvet bags or in wide cells of the box.
- Products made of acrylic, glass, plastic, wood are best kept separately from other jewelry. Their surface is very susceptible to damage and scratches. The same principle works here: the lungs can be hung, the heavy ones can be put down.
How to Store Earrings and Rings
- Earrings made of gold and silver, put in special tablets or in the compartment of the box with rollers. This is done in jewelry stores so that the products do not touch and are visible. Rings also find a place on soft rollers.
- Earrings made of jewelry alloys, acrylic, glass, plastic and wood are best hung on a special stand or jewelry tree, but you can also put them in a jewelry box. But fashionable earrings with feathers, tassels, ribbons or embroidery cannot be stored in boxes. Hang them carefully so that they don’t interfere with other decorations.
- For information on how to properly store handicrafts and care for them, ask the author of the jewelry and strictly follow his recommendations.
- The easiest way to store Magnetic jewelry is that they have a magnetic attachment, so you can keep them, for example, on a magnetic mood board in the bedroom or even attach them to the refrigerator.